Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ManMor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Hello everyone

I upgraded to Big Sur (MacBook 12" 2015) and now I have a kernel panic problem. Sometimes in the middle of work the computer turns black (the backlight continues to work). And when I turn it off and on, kernel panic information appears.

Upgrading to 11.1 didn't resolve this issue.

SafuBoot and restar helped for a time. But issue came back today and I had 3 attack of kernel panic in half an hour.

Interestingly, I always had a panic kernel only at night (around 1:00 a.m.) and when working on battery power, but it can be a coincidence.

I have a MacBook briefly (gift) and therefore I'm afraid of a HW mistake (hidden defect). But the HW diagnostics didn't find a problem.

Thanks for your every help ant tips!

Here is information about the kernel panic:
panic (calling CPU 0 0xffffff8022783e6d)

All is in the attachment documet.

Attachments

• Kernel panic.pdf
    25.2 KB · Views: 173
Reactions: Misty G

appleDudeMojave

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2018
You have a dying cpu, it is very common on these machines. I also have a board laying around with the same behavior. There is no real solution other than a logic board replacement.

Reactions: Misty G

Misty G

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2021
I am having a similar challenge with a late 2015 iMac. I just bought a refurb so I cannot tell if it came that way, or if it was caused by the Big Sur upgrade. Zoom was freezing in it then, but facebook video messenger worked just fine. It freezes and restarts when playing videos on youtube as well. I have been working on trouble shooting and I wonder if what you are saying about the dying cpu and logic board replacement may be accurate for my machine as well.

A keen eye and any feedback would be appreciated. I have not been on a mac in almost 10 years. I'm a fast learner, but this is out of my range!

Attachments

• iMac Kernel Panic .pdf
    43.4 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Misty G

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2021
thanks for your reply appledudemojave. It helps with the decision making.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.