Kernel Panic on Mac Mini

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by MelvinMouth, Jun 26, 2007.

1. MelvinMouth macrumors newbie

Hi,

First off please forgive me as I'm not the most experienced mac user and these details will be a bit vague as I'm posting from somewhere I can't access the Mac Mini to get details.

Recently someone foolishly decided to put my MacBook OS X install CD in my Mac Mini. Needless to say it was displaying the kernel panic and saying "we are hanging here...". I bought it second hand so I don't have any install CD's for it, which is obviously a bit of a problem.

I'm also using a bluetooth keyboard so I had to hunt around a bit to find out how to eject the disc to stop it displaying that, which I did by holding down my left mouse button while booting up, but now it just displays a grey screen with an animation of an OS X 9 folder which flashes with a question mark.

I don't know if there's any way I can get past this and get my OS X back and working but if anyone could help out I would be greatful. :D

Thanks,

Murray.

2. MikeTheC Guest

MikeTheC

Gallifrey -- Capitol City, Prydonian Sector
    Two options:
    1. Go back to the previous owner and get the system recovery discs from him/her. (By all rights they should have surrendered those discs to you along with the Mac.)
    2. Call Apple at 800-767-2775 and buy a new set of recovery discs from them.
    In either event, nuke-n-pave your Mac and start over from scratch. This will help to eliminate fighting any more problems.

Good luck!