kernel panic or something like this...HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gusious, Dec 7, 2007.

1. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

Hi.Sometimes when i shut down my laptop,when i re open it my screen becomes grey and a message appears that says that i need to restart my computer in 4 languages i thing.I that normal?A cousin of mine said that it is kernel panic.

What is that and what should i do?do i need to replace the whole laptop?I mean i just got it 3 weeks ago....

Please,can you help me with this?:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Yeah thats a kernel panic. How often is 'sometimes' that this happens? If its only a few random times then, no real problem. But if it is an annoyance then you might want to take it into an Apple Store (not sure if you have anything like that in Greece).

3. gusious thread starter macrumors 65816

gusious

mainly that happens when i shut down my laptop from the power button.But it also happens when i shut it down from the apple menu.We really don't have an apple store here but we have a shop like a small business of apple but it's not apple store....
    Is there a chance to replace my laptop?Or the technicians will only fix the problem?

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Check the panic log to see why this is happening, and the system log to see if there is another issue.

You can use console.app in the utilities folder.

5. gusious thread starter macrumors 65816

gusious

where will i find panic log and system log?

and even if i find them,then what?I mean,is that problem fixable or will apple replace mine with a new one?

I'm kind of scared because it's a new laptop and i really haven't used it too much due to lesson etc and i'm a bit angry with apple generally because
    i gust got this and now it has a serious problem(that's what i red on the net) so i want a new one.Is that too much?:(:(