Kernel Panic...PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Macubuntuperson, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Macubuntuperson macrumors newbie

Hey everyone. I don't know if I put up a post about this yet but I keep getting a kernel panic when my computer locks up and tells me that I need to shut down. Currently I am on the computer putting this post up, but i think I narrowed it down to when it locks up. I think it only happens when I plug my iPhone into the computer to make a sync. Is there any way to fix this? If I get another panic report, I will try to put it up on the forum and maybe figure out what the problem is.

Thanks for your help.

2. jameslmoser macrumors 6502

3. wpotere Guest

If it is Lion join the rest of us that are waiting for Apple to fix their stuff.

Post from my Mac running Windows 7.

4. Macubuntuperson thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry guys. Im not running lion. At the time that I was first getting these problems, i was running snow leopard. I thought that by doing a time machine back up would fix the problem. The back up brought it back to 10.5.8. which i believe is regular leopard. But, I got the information from one of the panic reports.

And this is the system configuration

Please let me know as soon as possible if you know any solutions to this problem.

5. goMac macrumors 603

If it's only when your iPhone is plugged in, it's possible your USB ports have gone bad.

6. Macubuntuperson thread starter macrumors newbie

Im not to too sure about it only cutting off when the iPhone is plugged in. I was hoping that someone would be able to look at that report and be able to tell what exactly is wrong and a way to fix it.