kernel panic, should i panic?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Kat King123, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Kat King123 macrumors regular

Kat King123

so i had my first kernel panic today an application wouldn't respond i clicked on activity monitor and BOOM it told me to restart should i be worried? os x has been weird lately i mean whenever i restart spotlight wants to reindex my hardrive it only takes like 30 seconds for it to be done but still weird. everything seems snappy as always. also i partition my hard drive 2 times with boot camp assistant is that bad? i dont mind reinstalling os x i have a time machine back up but i dont want to go through the hassle(again):rolleyes:

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

3. Kat King123 thread starter macrumors regular

Kat King123

i already read that article i actully search:rolleyes: and you put the same thing for every thread like this btw i reset pram and everything is fine now:D

4. Fishtalk macrumors regular

If everything is fine now...great, but If it starts crashing again could be be I or 2 of your RAM sticks thats playing up>.
    I have a G3 Pismo with 640RAM and last time it " kernal panic" that was the problem.
    I nearly threw it out when it happend.... since then its been working 24/7 for the past year.

5. Kat King123 thread starter macrumors regular

Kat King123

well the ram is stock from apple and i tested it 2 my best bet is because i partitioned my hard drive so many times that its starting to take it toll im just goning to wait until the next crash then ill reinstall but right now things are good:)

6. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

Basic rules of UNIX help threads: "OH GOD I HAD A KERNEL PANIC" threads need to have the log in the OP, or else there is very little anyone can do besides giving you generic reassurances.

You can find the log by opening Console.app, and looking under /Library/Logs/PanicReporter

Copy and paste the contents into this thread, and we can help you figure out what caused it.

7. Kat King123 thread starter macrumors regular

Kat King123

i already check it before hand it says the BSD process 'disk for iphone' caused the problem its simply this one app's fault i just want to know one thing though is partitioning your hard drive 2 times bad? i checked my disk it says its fine but i just want to be sure