Resolved Kernel Panic, what to do?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheStew, Aug 29, 2013.

1. TheStew, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013

TheStew macrumors member

Am I posting in the correct forum?
    This has happened to me 3-4 times recently:
    I get this on my screen and am forced to shut down.

[​IMG]

I have installed 16GB ram and am pretty sure this always happened when I am using an extra monitor (if these details help). Can someone help me with this? Do I need to go to the store? My MBP is just over 2 years old I think (no warranty anymore). This is the error I get:

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

I'd wonder about the Logitech unifying driver...

If you have the original RAM, put it back in; often aftermarket ram is the problem.

3. TheStew thread starter macrumors member

The wireless solar keyboard I use is a bitch when apparently my cellphone is around (it disturbs the signals)... I get enormous lag sometimes when typing a letter, sometimes when I hit a key once the letter appears a couple of seconds later and sometimes double or triple.. But when my cellphone is in airplane mode it seems to perform OK.

4. Yahooligan macrumors 6502a

Yahooligan

That lends credence to the previous poster suspecting that the Logitech USB driver could be freaking out due to the signal from the keyboard. Your kernel panic message basically points at the Logitech driver as the cause of the panic. If you have another keyboard that you can use then you may want to try that and see if the kernel panics stop.

5. TheStew thread starter macrumors member

Alright, thanks!