Kernel Panic >:[

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by randomz, Dec 28, 2014.

1. randomz macrumors newbie

I'm not very experienced with using Macs, so please bear with me. I'm attempting to fix my girlfriend's MacBook Pro currently, after it has restarted on her several times (coming up with a kernel panic log afterwards).

The following log is basically the same as all the rest of them, with some small changes (such as moving from CPU 4 to 6).

From what I understand, this narrows it down to the nVidia GPU. I ran the AHT and it found no problems (even with extensive testing), and I ran disk utility which also found no problems, so I'm thinking it must be software related.

Am I correct in my assumptions? What is the best way to fix this issue? I'll do my best to respond to any question ASAP.

This issue seems to be totally random... she mentioned that she always had Microsoft Word open when it happened, but I believe that she always has Microsoft Word open.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

That very likely is the GPU and it is built into the logic board, so a complete logic board replacement is the fix. Probably costs more than it is worth to repair.