kernel panic

Discussion in 'macOS' started by audiored, Dec 31, 2007.

1. audiored macrumors member

I've had two kernel panics in the last few days. The log file has been the same. I've pasted the log below. I saw some chatter about this on the apple support forums, but nothing here. Anyone else having this?
    :(

2. Mydel macrumors 6502a

Mydel

Hmm sounds like airport card drivers to me. Do those incidents occurred while you've been using wireless and maybe Transmission??

3. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

That's something to do with your AirPort card; When I had a similar one a few years back I fixed it by reseating my card (I just made sure it was pushed all the way in), but that obviously only addresses one possible cause.

4. audiored thread starter macrumors member

Azureus. Though I was running transmission on and off this week. Seems to be the common thread on the apple support forums that this exact panic occurs during network intensive activities.

If it is the airport drivers, then what?

5. Mydel macrumors 6502a

Mydel

Than wait for 10.5.2 and prey........In Leopard they were messing with airport drivers and they are not stable. Under heavy load can create kernel panic. Try to stay on wire during download of big files. And Transmission seems to be better now with 0.96 and up. Not so many panics..

6. nerdbert macrumors regular

nerdbert

I wonder why Apple hasn't fixed this already - so many people are affected.

I haven't tested this yet, but I assume the crash happens after a certain number of connections have been initiated (it happens ~2x quicker when I double the number of parallel connections in Azureus).

BTW: About 10 secs before the computer crashes all network connections drop. Turning off Airport in this time frame prevents the crash, but as soon as you switch it back on you get the restart message...

7. iPhelim, Jan 7, 2008
    Last edited: May 3, 2014