kernel panic

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dawgfan58, Feb 22, 2009.

1. dawgfan58 macrumors newbie

I'm new to this forum so I apologize in advance if I am not posting this in the correct section.

Here is my problem,

I have a black macbook 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    running mac os x 10.5.6.

I tried to plug in my jump drive to transfer some files and a new at&t wireless connect card because where I live there is only dial-up internet. both times I received the kernel panic screen. I have tried to find the panic logs but I cannot find them. I went to library/logs/ and couldn't find them. Any suggestions as to what I might do would be helpful.

p.s. it works when I plug my iphone in so I don't think its the usb ports themselves.

Thanks,

Evan

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Let me guess that you installed the 10.5.6 dfu fix from here? If you do, you need to reinstall the 10.5.6 files back to fix it. The same thing happened to me.

3. dawgfan58 thread starter macrumors newbie

I only update straight from the mac software updates that appear on my computer.

4. ElectricSheep macrumors 6502

ElectricSheep

Did you jailbreak your iPhone, or have you downloaded and run a script that purports to enable jailbreaking of the iPhone under MacOS 10.5.6?

5. dawgfan58 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea. I ran quickpwn but first I think i had to do something to the firmware because I already ahd 10.5.6. which prevented me from jailbreaking it.

6. dawgfan58 thread starter macrumors newbie

Where do I get the original files so that I can fix my mac?

7. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    click on my link. and if you sign up for a free "developers" account on apple.com, the blog provides you with the link to download the 10.5.6 install file, to restore the file to the 10.5.6 version instead of the 10.5.5.

8. dawgfan58 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. That seems to have fixed the problem.

Evan