Kernel panic

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rhiakate, Jan 24, 2010.

1. rhiakate macrumors newbie

Sorry to post another thread, i know that there is already a few on here but I can't do anything except for press the power on and off!

It was caused by iphoto etc playing up so I tried to re install mac os x using the disks i got with my computer and after installing it and restarting it brought up that 'you need to restart blah blah' message. I can't load in safe mode or anything :/

Tried ringing tech guys and they told me to hold down C but nothing happened, no matter what keys i hold down when it's starting up nothing happens..

Any idea's? xo

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. rhiakate thread starter macrumors newbie

Apparently not, I definatly got cover from pc world when i got my computer but tech guys told me it ran out last year..

I think Apple only cover their products for 12 months as well don't they? I got it nearly 2 years ago now D:

4. scissorband macrumors member

D:

Did you format your disk properly using Disk Utility when you started it up with the discs that came with your computer, then installed?

5. rhiakate thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahh I don't know! I reaaaally don't know alot about computers.

I did that disk utility repair thing before i tried to re install it, but it didn't fix anything..

My plan now is too call the nearest apple store in the morning and see if anyone there can try and repair it, If not I will definatly cry some, I havn't even paid for that computer yet fml hahaa.

6. scissorband macrumors member

Well first, are there any stuff you want to save that's still on your computer?

7. rhiakate thread starter macrumors newbie

8. scissorband macrumors member

Uh oh, lol.

That gives everything a bit more work.

I don't think the Apple store will help if your warranty is up...don't you have any friends who are into computer stuff?