Kernel panics, auto log offs for no reason...

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by blow45, Aug 29, 2011.

1. blow45 macrumors 68000

on last years macbook air.

So, in about 3 months I had more of this crap than any mac I 've ever owned, 4-5 kernel panics, and 5-6 auto log offs, this of course is not acceptable behaviour.

So what do you guys think I should ask from applecare for this (mind you this is a replacement air from the first buggy one, and I had for a few months only...)? I sure hope they can see the full console messages and that there isn't some auto clear up function for the log file after a while...

2. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

In Console you can see the Kernel Panics.

If you call Apple they will probably have you email them to a tech, if you have Applecare. Once they look at them they will be able to tell you what you need to do.

I had RAM issues on my Mac Pro and spent over 4 hours on the phone with Applecare troubleshooting. Eventually we narrowed it done to one RAM stick, Apple shipped a replacement stick out next day air.

Apple technical support is usually very good.

3. KPOM macrumors G5

That happened to me a lot on my 2010. At first Apple thought it was Parallels causing it, but we later ruled it out. Apple wound up replacing the logic board and the issue went away.

4. blow45 thread starter macrumors 68000

thanks guys, I think krom's way might be the only way... seeing as the ram is soldered on the logic board...:(