kernel_task 250% cpu and stuttering

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by dart86, Sep 7, 2011.

1. dart86 macrumors newbie

Hi, this morning my macbook air i5, when I'm playing a little flash game in facebook started to stutter, my kernel_task process takes all the resources, and my fan started to go crazy at ~6500rpm. This situation is not resolved after a reboot and even if i try to boot in Windows with bootcamp, even if I join the recovery system (so I can exclude a software issue..). I think it is overheated and is going into a kind of protection state and my cpu works slow to prevent some damage. If it is damaged with so little work I think the macbook air 2011 have serious design problems for the heat dissipation! I can't believe that I have to send it for repair after less than a month, and remain with the terror that could happen again even opening the browser with some flash stuff.

sorry for my bad english.

2. unixperience macrumors regular

most people don't realize flash is a very intensive plug in. it is used everywhere, but it eats up a ton of your cpu. Playing flash games and high cpu usage isn't surprising at all.

Also when your processor gets warm (from high usage) the computer throttles the cpu, where it goes fast and slow fast and slow, over and over, that way you still get bursts of speeds, but when the processor slows down it can still cool off. so the stuttering is normal behavior with extremely high cpu usage and heat

3. dart86, Sep 8, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2011

dart86 thread starter macrumors newbie

so you're telling me that the macbook air is a product that can be damaged doing very intensive task? it sound senseless. It should not overheat (and permanently damaged) just "working", even with heavy work. I can't live with the terror, trying to avoid everything cpu-intensive :confused::eek:

Computers must not permanently damaged with any software :mad:

"Playing flash games and high cpu usage isn't surprising at all", right... but playing flash games and cpu meltdown is very very surprising!