Kevlar - Incipio Feather [ADVANCE]

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MHenr, Aug 17, 2015.

1. MHenr macrumors member

Hey guys,

Was browsing the Incipio site, as I need a replacement for my FüZ felt iPhone 6 case. I still love it, but it's gotten dirty and I also want something new :)

Came across the Incipio Feather advance. Seems to be a true kevlar woven case.
    Looks great IMHO
    http://www.incipio.com/cases/iphone-cases/iphone-6-cases/feather-advanced-case-iphone-6.html

Anyone ever seen one irl?
    I know it won't offer drop protection, I'm not necessarily looking for that either.

2. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

doubt anyone has seen one cause its not even out yet; says COMING SOON on the site...

3. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

If you're not looking for drop protection, $50 for kevlar is probably a bad investment. OTOH, if you frequent places where bullets fly, not a bad thing to keep in your shirt pocket.

4. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I don't really understand cases like that... Will it keep the back scratch proof? Of course, but if you drop this and it at all goes down screen-first, you'll wish you had a phone w/ more of a lip on it or some type of front protection. I'm debating between going without a case for my 6S Plus or getting something that will protect the front.

5. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

It would still be better than having no case at all. I've had thin cases like these for all of my iPhones except the 6, because of the new curved glass. Some of these thing cases now need a higher lip and that tends to be uncomfortable while using the phone.

6. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

You can look on a case like that in the same way car makers used to think about their cars. Make them strong so that they don't get damaged too much and while it worked for the car itself it didn't help the people inside the car much. If you drop your phone with a case like that on it most if not all the shock through the phone which is where a lot of the damage occurs.

Cases like this are good for light knocks but that's it.