Key Chain

jwc6160

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
Can someone assist me with Key Chain. I have searched and search and am pretty sure everything is set up, but I can't get it to work.

How do I get the password generator to pop up on my iphone? I have all the safari tabs on per the instructions, key chain is on in iCloud, but when I go to change a password say for gmail, key chain doesn't pop up to recommend and save a password. I am trying to get all of my passwords more secure and in order and I figured this would be great since I have Mac, 2 iPhones, iPad, etc. I have to be missing something. Thanks

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
Can someone assist me with Key Chain. I have searched and search and am pretty sure everything is set up, but I can't get it to work.

How do I get the password generator to pop up on my iphone? I have all the safari tabs on per the instructions, key chain is on in iCloud, but when I go to change a password say for gmail, key chain doesn't pop up to recommend and save a password. I am trying to get all of my passwords more secure and in order and I figured this would be great since I have Mac, 2 iPhones, iPad, etc. I have to be missing something. Thanks
Goto settings > Safari > Passwords & AutoFill.

jwc6160

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
I tried award wallet and it offered to save my password but didn't offer to generate a password.

Got nothing from gmail.

AppleWindowsFan

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2013
Ohio USA
First off, you have a Mac, right? If you are using Windows, there is no keychain.

Secondly, to get to Keychain, all you have to do is go to the Launchpad, and it should still be in there. It's in there by default, in a folder. I renamed mine to Assorted Mac System, but I think it's labeled something else when you buy your Mac.

And, if all else fails, enter keychain into Spotlight.

Last edited:

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
First off, you have a Mac, right? If you are using Windows, there is no keychain.

Secondly, to get to Keychain, all you have to do is go to the Launchpad, and it should still be in there. It's in there by default, in a folder. I renamed mine to Assorted Mac System, but I think it's labeled something else when you buy your Mac.

And, if all else fails, enter keychain into Spotlight.
Hmm, this is the iOS 7 forum, so he is probably referring to his phone.