Key Mapping -- F7...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ziggyonice, Jun 28, 2008.

1. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Okay, I'm trying to understand this and each link I've found is a dead end...

So I'd like to make F7 serve as my "display all windows" Expose key. I looked at DoubleCommand, no luck. Looked at Uklele, which might be able to do the trick, but it's very confusing and I'm not quite sure how it's possible.

Currently, it is possible to set up Expose with F7, but I must use Function + F7 (because F7 is designated for display mirroring). Anyway around this?

Thanks.

2. coniferous macrumors newbie

I'm curious about this too.

My F7 key has quit functioning properly (it is labeled and has previously served as the Expose "display all windows") after I upgraded my MacBook from OS X 10.4 to Leopard.

Le sigh.

3. pavenger macrumors regular

If im getting what your asking go to system prefs> keyboard & Mouse> keyboard shortcuts. Hit the plus key to add a new shortcut and assign it there... I hope that helps.

EDIT: well i went back to reread and I guess i did read it wrong. sorry im of no help

4. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

I use Function Flip to override the hardware mapping on my function keys e.g. so that F3 is, well, F3, instead of mute.

Essensially I'm eliminating the need to hold down the fn key. You can do the same thing in sys pref, but only for *all* the keys at once. FunctionFlip lets you pick and choose.

Here's the story:

FunctionFlip mac gem review at MacWorld.com.

5. ziggyonice thread starter macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Amazing! Exactly seven months after posting this message, an answer did INDEED come! Thank you so much! This is incredible! This is just what I needed!