Key Note for iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ghsNick, Sep 8, 2011.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

So I know the new iPhone is supposed to be released in October from all the rumors...early October.

But normally people know when the next key note from Apple is announcing this stuff. Have there been any rumors or information pointing to a key note presentation from Apple?

Sorry if this has already been addressed...I'm just SO sick of the 2 year old Droid...can't wait to switch to the dark side :p

2. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

What he said ^^. And yes, this issue is addressed in some way, shape, or form in a minimum of 10 threads on the first page. lol

Needless to say, EVERYONE is getting really impatient.

DOWN WITH THE DROIDS!

3. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

I'm not impatient. It's apparent Apple is not ready to launch the iPhone 5 yet, why rush it? That what most companies do and their products get ripped by tech media for being unfinished.

As much as I'm anticipating the next iPhone I'd rather have it launch when ready rather than too soon. Apple is doing it the right way.

4. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

We usually find out by someone locating a reservation at the Moscone but that hasn't happened this year.

5. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Well, I agree with you on the fact that i'd rather wait for a more polished product, then get something that has been rushed to market. As I am sure most people would.

Anticipation is a better choice of words I guess. Either way, from what I've read on here, people are DYING for this thing to get announced already.

6. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I'm sorry to burst your bubble...but this new update isn't that big compared to others to be delayed by another 3 months. (from what the rumors have been pointing too)

7. Jamie0003 macrumors 6502a

If that's true, there's no reason for the delay. I think it will be a massive upgrade

8. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I completely agree with this. Although the wait is killing us all, it'll totally be worth it to have a perfectly functioning product.

9. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Rumors are not Facts.

Do you have any facts to back up your claim? Otherwise you shouldn't be bursting anyone's bubble just yet.

10. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Not exactly. Delay could be for any number of reasons other than a major redesign.

11. Jamie0003 macrumors 6502a

True, but Apple have obviously been working very hard to keep this phone under wraps. But it could be iOS5 not being ready, or iCloud (Both are major updates) oh and OSX 10.7.2

12. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Again, rumors are just that - rumors. You, like many others, confuse fact with fiction because you want the drama. Just because someone says something doesn't mean it's true.

Nothing is "delayed" or "late" because for anything to be "delayed or "late" there has to be a date associated with it. Apple has given no date therefore nothing is "delayed" or "late". Honestly, if people placed this much energy into working or being a better person our society would be a nicer place to live :rolleyes:

I've bought the last few iPhones on launch day, so I'm greatly anticipating this phone as well. But, I'm not going to create a false reality so I can believe in something. Apple has done a great job so far with all their products, I'll keep my trust in them. Unlike other companies Apple doesn't launch products to please the masses or shareholders. They launch products when ready. Hence the 76 billion in cash.

13. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

I got an email yesterday saying that the back to school deals are ending on sept 20th. Most time they end right before new ipods and such are announced. I'd be willing to bet the announcement will either be spet 20th or 21st which also bodes well for an oct 7th release a little over 2 weeks later like normal.

14. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

21 September is a Wednesday. Not an unusual day to have something Apple related (if my memory is serving me correctly). So if 21 September is the event date, then invites should go out on 14 September? It's usually one week notice, correct?

I really hope we hear something concrete soon!

15. PharmDoc macrumors 6502

It could be the iOS 5 bugs as others in this forum have mentioned...but I think Apple may be trying to build up adequate supply to possibly avoid the iphone 4 and ipad 2 shortage when they were first released. Maybe there is a magic inventory number that they want at release and it hasn't been reached yet.

16. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I really hope this is the case. Having to wait over a month for my iPad 2 to be delivered was terrible. It'll be even worse if the iPhone is delayed since my current phone is acting up a bit and I want to replace it as soon as the iPhone 5 is released.