Key on keyboard going soft?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by karlth, Dec 30, 2011.

1. karlth macrumors regular

I've been using my MBA "13 for 3-4 months now without problems but suddenly last week I felt the "0" (zero) key go soft. It works perfectly still but it seems like a part of the bounce is gone, especially on the bottom part of the key.

It is of course still under warranty. Should I take it in for repairs or just ignore it?

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

So much innuendo, so little time.

Since I need to get back to watching Dexter, you might want to let the Genius Bar pop it off and re-seat the rubber under the key.

I speak from experience when I say that doing it yourself is not always that easy. It'll take them 2 minutes and it's worth the trip.

3. karlth thread starter macrumors regular

4. jsolares macrumors 6502a

at least it's working, i had to take mine in since the T got wonky, you had to press it hard and in dead center for it to register, and the Y key was similar, they're going to replace the top case and it's going to take 2 weeks, this for a machine that i've used at most 20 hrs in the past 3 months, so maybe it was like that at the beginning but i didn't notice, i think i over estimated the use i would give it, oh well.