Key Popped Out! :(

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rs7, Nov 2, 2008.

1. rs7 macrumors regular

So I wanted to be a perfectionist and was trying to unslant the "F" keys...I was able to do it for most of them...but today I noticed my F5 was still slanted...and I dug my nail under one side of try to offset it...and it seems to have popped off of that side and is sticking up really high on the left! :( . (just to clarify: it's still on...but not on all sides...seems to be the top left part it came off) Pushing it down does nothing. What can/should I do?

2. sselemit macrumors member

i think you broke 1 of the clips that hold the key down. Bring it to apple store to see what they say. You know that the keyboard is a hell of replacement, rite? Try to be less of a perfectionist next time.

3. rs7 thread starter macrumors regular

I know :( . You have to replace the whole base or something. They need to make them more replaceable. Such a cool design, so hard to fix. Apple Store appointment today @ 6 :)

4. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

Hopefully they won't charge you. I imagine it is expensive to replace a whole keyboard. I don't know for sure though how that works. Maybe they can just replace that one piece.