Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Illicit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I'm having an annoying time playing street fighter on my macbook pro.
It is incredibly difficult to do a 360 using WASD. I can pull it off occasionally, but I think the problem lies in key rollover. Doing the motion fast or slow will sometimes cause the player to jump or do a QCB action.

Multiple keys are being pressed and some of them arent being registered.

Is there a workaround for this?

I WANT to use my keyboard to play. I dislike joysticks and controllers.

Signal-11

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
2nd Star to the Right
It sounds like you are experiencing ghosting problems because of the key combinations you are using. This is often an issue for a lot of keyboards when you depress more than 3 keys, depending on the keys. You could try different keyboard bindings, like shifting your left hand one column over.

What kind of keyboard are you using? Gaming keyboards are made specifically with different chords to avoid this issue.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Then you shouldn't be playing street fighter IMO

My thoughts exactly. It's an analogue controller based game, keyboards are digital. Just like you can't alter a cars speed accurately or useful things like that. You're going to have a tough time.

Illicit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2007
Waterloo, ON
It sounds like you are experiencing ghosting problems because of the key combinations you are using. This is often an issue for a lot of keyboards when you depress more than 3 keys, depending on the keys. You could try different keyboard bindings, like shifting your left hand one column over.

What kind of keyboard are you using? Gaming keyboards are made specifically with different chords to avoid this issue.

I'm using the keyboard on my macbook pro.

Street Fighter 4 was designed with the keyboard in mind. it's a PC game that has keyboard support and functionalities.

Signal-11

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
2nd Star to the Right
I'm using the keyboard on my macbook pro.

Street Fighter 4 was designed with the keyboard in mind. it's a PC game that has keyboard support and functionalities.

You're having ghosting issues.

Just google "keyboard ghosting" for an explanation as to why. This is a good in depth explanation.

http://www.dribin.org/dave/keyboard/html/

Gaming keyboards aren't all just marketing hype. Most of them specifically do have different/independent matrices around the WASD cluster. Otherwise, you'll just have to shift your hand and try to use another combination of keys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.