Keyboard acting weird after cleaning

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iHarrison, Aug 29, 2009.

1. iHarrison macrumors regular

iHarrison

HELP!

I just tried cleaning my keyboard/macbook with some baby wipe type cleaners. Great job of cleaning off the macbook but now when I went to boot the machine...the keyboard was all screwy... for some reason it thinks that when I'm just simply pushing down one key, it assumes the command button is being held down...sometimes it thinks that multiple keys are being held and I'm trying to string together an apple command.

my question is this....

1) are there any methods that I can try to fix the keyboard with?

2) I don't have applecare any longer on my macbook, does this mean that Apple will not be able to help me with repair options? does apple by chance take old computers that are broken and give you some sort of credit towards a new one?

3) can I sell this macbook on eBay and possibly get a decent ammount of money for it even with the keyboard issues?

4) AM I JUST SCREWED!?!? :confused:

thanks

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

1. You could get a new keyboard off of eBay and replace yours to see if that is the only issue.

2. No, but they do do repairs on out-of-warranty machines. Their prices are... interesting.

3. Mmm... since that is an issue, you can't sell it for as much as a fully-functional one, but a keyboard replacement isn't too hard for someone who knows what they're doing and will take the time to do it.

4. Only if you do nothing. Apathy is death.:cool:

3. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

i wonder why this isnt the BIGGEST MISTAKE OF YOUR LIFE anymore.

did something else happen?

4. iHarrison thread starter macrumors regular

iHarrison

Any idea how much I could end up paying Apple for a full keyboard replacement?