Keyboard Advice

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Klew721, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Klew721 macrumors newbie

Our keyboard just died that came with the iMac a few years ago. Anyone recommend a good keyboard for an iMac, otherwise we will just get another one through Apple.

2. toddzrx macrumors 6502a

toddzrx

I've used several different keyboards; the larger wired Mac keyboard with the full number keypad is my favorite. Just wish the keys were black instead of white.

3. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

Any keyboard will work. It's really just a matter of personal preference -- key shape and travel, tactile feedback, clicks, wireless, numeric keypad, cost, construction...

4. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Personally I prefer Apple's current wired keyboad, the one with a keypad. When I bought my refurb 27" it came with a wireless keyboard, I swapped the keyboards and sold the old machine with the new wireless keyboard. This made both the buyer and me happy.

5. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

6. kennyap macrumors regular

I'm using the Logitech K750 keyboard for Mac. It's solar-powered so no need for batteries, had full Number Pad, looks great too. Works really well.

7. inodes macrumors newbie

Did you like your original bluetooth keyboard?

I have a selection of gaming keyboards (Logitech G19 and G15) which I used for gaming, but I always find it so much better to come back to the plain/small bluetooth keyboard that comes default with the iMac.

I often walk the keyboard (and magic trackpad) into the TV room when I want to put stuff from my iMac or Macbook Air on the TV.

If you liked the original, just go and purchase it as a separate item. They're not cheap, but they're far cheaper than any decent keyboard from Logitech.

8. iancflam macrumors member

I just got a used Logitech Dinovo Keyboard for Mac (2.4GHz ), old model but it's the best keyboard I have in all years. (Got it for $30)
    Types in a fluid and good tactile, very quiet, comes with numeric key pad on right and function key.
    Give it a try of you can find any, you will love it.

9. Eduardot macrumors member

Keyboard which one?

wired Mac keyboard with the full number keypad in english for my daily work, came from windows and got hooked to the windows extended keyboard.
    Also use the smaller apple bluetooth keyboard when i have to type in spanish.
    I still prefer the wired one though bigger, more function keys, a whole numeric keypad.
    Keep it simple, keep it Apple.

10. Fatboy71 macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

I got the wired Apple keyboard with number pad with my 2012 iMac and I find it a superb keyboard. I would go as far as saying the best keyboard I've used.