Keyboard and Clicking Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by 5Reno5, Aug 23, 2009.

1. 5Reno5 macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm running on a 15" PowerBook G4 and I'm having some problems.. well.. big problems.

When I turn my mac on it runs fine for about 2 to 3 minutes, then all of a sudden, my keys stop working, with the exception of the volume/screen light/key backlighting keys. I can't type, I can't even copy/paste anything with the Mac Button+c/v.

Along with that, everyone of my clicks turns into a right click, like I am holding down the Mac key. However, I'm not, and its not stuck because it works fine on my other login.

The only way I can get my computer to be normal is if I log onto another account on the computer, and then it is fine.

If anyone please knows what is wrong could you PLEASE let me know because I am desperate, I have EVERYTHING on that other login and I just want to get it back working.

Ask any questions that will help me out.

Please and thank you, Nick.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Well, based on your troubleshooting, it's something unique to your user account. Make a copy of ~/Library/Preferences folder on the Desktop, and delete the original, restart the computer test it out for a bit. If everything is A-OK after pulling the folder, move some of your preferences back in a few at a time, probably starting with your Mail, iChat, Safari, MS Office preferences. Once you've restored the system to a mostly functional state take the rest of the remaining preferences and chuck it away.