keyboard and mouse battery levels

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mjillard, Jan 10, 2011.

1. mjillard, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011

mjillard macrumors newbie

I have a late 2009 iMac and it always used to display the battery levels for my keyboard and mouse and now if I click to check them, it does not show the battery level. It just gives an option to disconnect. Is this because of the 10.6.6 update? I guess it's not devastating, but I like knowing when the batteries are getting low.

2. mstrze macrumors 68000

Of course, the warning that OS X gives you that the batteries are low comes with well enough notice for you to replace them. I'd say I have gone 3-4 days on a "Low Battery" warning before actually needing to replace. Enough time to even schedule a trip to the store if I am out of batteries.

I never had any issues...and I'm not belittleing your angst over not seeing the levels any longer. It's just that you do indeed get ample warning that batteries are low without having to see the actual level.

The functionality should be there for those who want it, of course. Perhaps it still is and just hidden?

3. simsaladimbamba

My battery levels still show up in the Menu Bar > Bluetooth icon >> Keyboard / Mouse with my 2007 iMac and Mac OS X 10.6.6.
    You could also use System Preferences > Mouse or System Preferences > Keyboard to check battery levels.
    iStat Pro also monitors the battery levels: http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/status/istatpro.html

4. John T macrumors 68020

John T

The Mouse but not the Keyboard.

5. simsaladimbamba

It does with my Mighty Mouse and Apple Aluminium Wireless Keyboard, though the keyboard gets reported with one percent difference.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

In my case, it monitors the keyboard but not the mouse. It does monitor the Apple Wireless Keyboard or an Apple mouse, but not my Logitech mouse.

7. mjillard thread starter macrumors newbie

It's fine now. I didn't even do anything to correct the issue, but when I checked it today, it showed my battery levels the same as it always did before. Thanks for the replies, everyone, so now if this happens again, I will know other ways to monitor.