Keyboard and mouse disconnecting

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by mattpreston11, Sep 26, 2010.

1. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

In windows 7. They work for a few minutes but as soon as I leave them to be idle they both lose connection to my iMac.

It's the magic mouse and Bluetooth keyboard by the way.

Thanks

Matt

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

With what Mac and what Boot Camp version? Have you run Software Update on both OS sides?

MacDawg, have you deleted your post or why does it show up in Forum Spy but not here?
    Or did you merge two threads? Or why are there two same threads, but with different time stamp and different thread number, but both with my post in it?

3. mattpreston11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just got the 27inch i5 refurb on Monday and ran software update a few times so I can only assume it's upto date.

It's under bootcamp yes.

Briefly tried software update on the windows side until they both become unresponsive again.

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Does that mean that Apple Software Update (on Windows) completed or not.

Do you have a USB KB/mouse you could use to get through all the updates.

B

5. deckardd macrumors newbie

I have a similar problem (since day one) for years, on my macbook pro 17. When I sleep in windows and resume (not hibernate mind you) 50% of the time either the keyboard doesn't work, or the mouse driver is partially loaded. By partially I mean I can't right click by tapping two fingers, and it feels slow.

Close the lid, let it sleep, open it back up, and 50% of the time they come back.

6. mattpreston11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Trying to update the bootcamp software now to 3.1, apparently im on 3.0 so hopefully this improves things.

7. mattpreston11 thread starter macrumors 6502a