Keyboard and Mouse for iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by elec999, Nov 19, 2014.

1. elec999 macrumors regular

Good Day,
    One of my partners needs a new mouse and keyboard for use with their iMac. Must be white to match workstation and desk. They simply hate the apple keyboard and mouse, Can anyone suggest me something?

2. Kritzmire macrumors member

Kritzmire

every quality mouse or keyboard i know of is black or gray

3. Rover110 macrumors newbie

White keyboards

The Matias Tactile Pro keyboard has a lovely feel. But it is noisy - try one before you buy it.
    Matias also do a quiet version but I haven't tried it.

Both are wired, so they use one of your USB ports.

Me? I've just bought one of the old Apple A1016 full-travel bluetooth keyboards for my work machine off ebay. The feel isn't as good as the Matias but I need all the directly-connected USB ports I can get (and I do have a powered hub).
    That replaced a Logitech Wireless Solar K750 for Mac - only short-travel keys like current Apple models, and not Bluetooth so you put their receiver into a USB port.

My home keyboard is a Cherry Initial for Mac - again wired USB but a better feel than the A1016. But I don't know if they do a US version (I'm in UK)

I can't comment on mice - I use the apple mouse and have the apple trackpad as well (but rarely use it).

4. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

For typing a keyboard with mechanical Cherry MX Blue switches is God-tier. I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW AWESOME BLUES ARE FOR TYPING. Corsair and Ducky come to mind as good vendors. Most--if not all are black--so it'll be really hard to find a white keyboard.

For a white mouse you should look into the SteelSeries Senssi RAW. It's a little bit small for my hand so I personally use a ROCCAT KONE XTD but regardless it's bigger than the Apple mouse.

5. elec999 thread starter macrumors regular

What you guys think of the Logitech K750 Wireless Solar Keyboard for MAC WHITE/SILVER?

6. jdphoto macrumors 6502

jdphoto

I have a friend that uses that and they like it a lot. So far the solar part has been working great.

7. Butchie-T macrumors regular

I'm using it and I like it very much.

8. Rover110 macrumors newbie

What you guys think of the Logitech K750 Wireless Solar Keyboard for MAC WHITE/SILVER?

That's what I've moved away from, but mainly because I was running short of USB ports. It worked perfectly well while I used it, I could type quickly and accurately, and the solar power means you don't have to worry about batteries for it.

As I said, it has short-travel keys like the current Apple keyboard.
    So an important question is why your partner doesn't like the Apple keyboard.
    If it's the fact that their Bluetooth keyboard doesn't have a numeric keypad and their keyboard with keypad is wired, then yes the Logitech should suit them fine.
    But if it's because they don't like short-travel keys then I don't think the Logitech is any improvement.