Keyboard and mouse not working after update.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by scaramoosh, Mar 21, 2016.

1. scaramoosh macrumors 6502

What do I have to do to get them working again? I've tried powering off and on by holding the button on the back but still nothing.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 21, 2016 ---
    Weird I plugged them in and they work, Bluetooth won't turn on :/ just greyed out.
    Hmm my internet is slow and the bass has gone from my Speaker :/ Which is odd because I have optical out to a Naim Mu-So and the audio is tinny after the update.

How do I roll back this is ****?
    My Wifi is so slow as well.

I tried Command Option P and R but it hasn't fixed it :/

I'm never updating again.
    Ethernet is slow as well.

2. colinwil macrumors regular

Me too on my 5k iMac. Keyboard & mouse not working, though the (wired) keyboard came back after a reboot.

After an hour or so of fiddling with various things to try & get Bluetooth & the mouse working, I finally uninstalled iStat menus - figuring it was the only non App store software I had, and it installs its own drivers etc. Bluetooth came back shortly afterwards, and is now working fine. Of course it might have been coincidence. It was a pain to uninstall it with no mouse - but I got there in the end.

Have you got any non App store software installed? Particularly software that needs to install drivers etc?