Keyboard and mouse stop working after a few seconds on Win7 64-bit

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by valexv, Jan 5, 2010.

1. valexv macrumors newbie

I have a 27" imac and I've installed windows 7 64-bit using boot camp. Everything works except the wireless keyboard and mouse, which work for about 20 seconds after starting up and then stop. The bluetooth control panel says they're still connected, but they aren't working, so I'm forced to connect an old wired kb/mouse. Is anyone else having this problem and is there a solution?

2. Papajz macrumors member

keyboard and mouse

Yes same problem here. I posted about it earlier and no one responded, so I'm still in the dark. The apple sight says go back on mac operating system and fix it, then it should work. Well it works fine there but when i switch back same thing, sometimes it doesn't even work at all. I can't believe no one else isn't having this problem. I looked it appears windows 7 is loading microsoft drivers for both. I don't know if thats the problem, it would seem to me the drivers should be apple!

3. astroot macrumors regular

It's a common problem. Search the forum and you'll find plenty of discussion.

The trick that works is go to Device Manager, Bluetooth, and uncheck the box that says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

I have Windows 7 32-bit Professional installed via Bootcamp on my 27" along with the Magic Mouse and wireless keyboard, and it works fine. Mouse and keyboard stay connected all the time after I did that little trick.

Hopefully that solves it for you.

4. TDHXXX macrumors regular

Where is this option? I cannot find it at all!

5. astroot macrumors regular

Start>Right Click Computer>Manage Device Manager on the left
    Expand Bluetooth Radios
    Right Click Apple Built-in Bluetooth>Properties
    Power Management tab

6. urbanmacUser macrumors regular

urbanmacUser

I've been having the same issue and found the option and unticked it but still they wont connect.

Do I need to keep the other Microsoft Bluetooth driver installed as well?

7. Crb macrumors member

I just ran into this problem last night so I simply uninstalled the 3 drivers bootcamp installed for bluetooth and everything works fine again.

P.S. you have to restart after uninstalling the bluetooth drivers.

8. rokiman macrumors newbie

Thank you Astroot, It WORKED!!!