Keyboard and Mouse

nsheikh80

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2005
215
0
London, England
Hi all

After buying a Powerbook I am about to dive in and purchase one of the new Mac Mini's. However, before I do I would like a suggestion on a decent Bluetooth mouse (2 button!) and keyboard to purchase. I'm not interested in the Apple Bluetooth mouse and keyboard because because it only has a one-button mouse!

Thanks.
 

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
May 2, 2005
9,170
2
nsheikh80 said:
Hi all

After buying a Powerbook I am about to dive in and purchase one of the new Mac Mini's. However, before I do I would like a suggestion on a decent Bluetooth mouse (2 button!) and keyboard to purchase. I'm not interested in the Apple Bluetooth mouse and keyboard because because it only has a one-button mouse!

Thanks.
You could get the Apple KB alone, with a different mouse. (I can't tell from your post if you're opposed to BOTH of them or just the mouse)

MacAlly BT Keyboard and Mouse combo

Kensington (a lot are BT)

A lot of people love the logitech MX1000but here's a list of all the Logitechs

Or, go on froogle.google.com, search for " bluetooth keyboard mouse " and go nuts. :)
 

nsheikh80

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2005
215
0
London, England
opposed

Thanks for your help guys...

I'm not opposed to Apple BT Keyboard, it totally slipped my mind that I could buy they Apple BT Keyboard separately so I will do that just that and find the BT mouse.

I cannot believe how cheap some of those BT mice are, I'm from the UK and we have to pay big bucks for these e.g. Apple BT mouse costs £60!
 

javiercr

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2005
419
0
London
nsheikh80 said:
I cannot believe how cheap some of those BT mice are, I'm from the UK and we have to pay big bucks for these e.g. Apple BT mouse costs £60!
no, it costs £40...still expensive.
 

BiggeeC

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2002
116
0
Gaithersburg, MD
why does everybody hate the one button mouse? I kind of like it. Being used to an ibook and using keyboard shortcuts for everything, I think it's very easy to use the Ctrl button instead of the right click. Does anyone use the one button mouse other than me?
 

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
2,946
583
The Mergui Archipelago
BiggeeC said:
why does everybody hate the one button mouse? I kind of like it. Being used to an ibook and using keyboard shortcuts for everything, I think it's very easy to use the Ctrl button instead of the right click. Does anyone use the one button mouse other than me?
Yeah I think it's fantastic too. I've got a multi button but I love my apple wireless - my other mouse rarely gets a look-in :D. THe only thing I'd complain about is the lack of a scrollwheel though - it does make things tedious sometimes. Thank goodness for spacebar scrolling.

nsheikh80 I'd still go with the Apple KB as it feels fantastic. IMO you also can't go wrong with a Kensington mouse. Their drivers and Mouseworks customisation software are very simple and powerfull. They also make their mice at very high quality.
 

_bnkr612

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2004
619
0
Kensington caters well to Apple's puters.

I have three of their Studio mice (two wireless, one tethered). They are not bluetooth though... Why do you need bluetooth? Tethered mice are a little more reliable if you ask me and my design firm. Bluetooth is just an unneeded luxury for most right now.

To each their own I suppose. Good-luck chap.
 

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
2,582
0
Ireland
_bnkr612 said:
Kensington caters well to Apple's puters.

I have three of their Studio mice (two wireless, one tethered). They are not bluetooth though... Why do you need bluetooth? Tethered mice are a little more reliable if you ask me and my design firm. Bluetooth is just an unneeded luxury for most right now.

To each their own I suppose. Good-luck chap.
I'd say he wants bluetooth because he has it built in and it would save a USB port.

I couldn't disagree more about wireless mice though. I have an MX1000 (formerly an MX700) and i do enjoy the freedom of not having a wire get in your way. At work the wire on the mouse is always bugging me, either you have to pull it back or it gets caught behind or under something. It's just irritating. I don't mind wired keyboards so much, but since mice move around so much why tie them down?
 

_bnkr612

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2004
619
0
TBi said:
I'd say he wants bluetooth because he has it built in and it would save a USB port.

I couldn't disagree more about wireless mice though. I have an MX1000 (formerly an MX700) and i do enjoy the freedom of not having a wire get in your way. At work the wire on the mouse is always bugging me, either you have to pull it back or it gets caught behind or under something. It's just irritating. I don't mind wired keyboards so much, but since mice move around so much why tie them down?
I guess since mice have been tethered more than they have been wireless. I am comfortable to what has worked in my industry for over two decades

Not to mention a mouse filled with batteries seems a bit on the heavy side while trying to move around. What if your batteries that don't recharge die? 1:00 am rolls around and a client needs the product yesterday? Do you have a back-up?