Keyboard and Top Case for A1226

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by airkarol, Oct 5, 2010.

1. airkarol macrumors 6502

Hey,

Will a keyboard and top case from a model A1225 MacBook Pro work in a model A1226 MacBook Pro. After a spill, I'm looking to pick up some used parts.

Thanks

2. macbookproyes macrumors member

Hey so you have a A1226 laptop? Have you ever checked into replacement LCDs or know where I could get definitive info on which replacement LCDs are compatible?

I'm seeing a number of different ones out there. The exact model that is in my laptop is the LP154WP2(TL)(A1).

I found an Ebay listing where someone is selling this other model and saying it's a compatible alternative model that would also work: LTN154BT02

Then, on this macRumors Forum here someone said that the LTN model had backlight problems and is not really compatible.

Go figure!

The LP154 model currently in my computer seems to go for at least $175 - $300+ or more and it's quite a bit more than other LCD models I'm seeing so if there are other models that are also compatible for less I'm hoping to get one of those.

Thanks for any advice you might have,
    Phil

3. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

What are you talking about replacement LCD's? He is asking for a replacement keyboard and topcase. I am not really understanding your irrelevant post...?:confused:

4. AnonMac50 macrumors 65816

I'm actually not sure, but I do know that you can use the top case from an A1260 to gain multi-touch under Leopard and Snow Leopard. This top case also adds the media control buttons and exposé and dashboard buttons. The mirroring button is replaced with CMD-F1. Not enter key next to the opt key, and not numpad. Under Tiger, the trackpad will work like a one button mouse, and the keyboard will require a kext from Leopard. Other than that. It should work.