keyboard and track pad not working

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PennCentralFan, May 3, 2014.

1. PennCentralFan, May 3, 2014
    Last edited: May 3, 2014

PennCentralFan macrumors regular

PennCentralFan

MacBook Pro early 2011 13 inch No response from the keys and and track pad. Just happened. it is like its dead to computer.

tri restarting and nothing. Using zagg bluetooth keyboard and wireless mouse and they work fine.

any advice? Don't feel like going to genius store.

Keyboard backlights work, but nothing. I suspect this is a connection issue or OS issue.

2. PennCentralFan thread starter macrumors regular

PennCentralFan

Well I noticed my airport extreme was blinking orange. So I restarted it and then restarted my macbook pro and now the keyboard and track board now works.

3. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

Do you have applecare? I"m glad it wokred out.

4. PennCentralFan thread starter macrumors regular

PennCentralFan

Nope I don't have apple care. I've done some searches and I haven't found anything yet about others having a similar situation.

5. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

If you look in System Report you will see the trackpad and internal keyboard are on the same internal USB hub, likely that had a connection issue. As its hardware you will likely need to take it for service if it keeps recurring...

6. nickandre21 macrumors 6502a

well i had the same issue on my late 2011 13" the logic board was at fault they said a usb hub had failed.
    well its a good thing that your macbook is working now it would have been a costly repair otherwise

7. PennCentralFan thread starter macrumors regular

PennCentralFan

Thanks for the responses. I will keep that in mind if and when it happens again. How much is the repair typically?