Keyboard and trackpad flakey

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by m85476585, Apr 5, 2010.

1. m85476585 macrumors 65816

My keyboard and trackpad have started acting up. Every few minutes they will both freeze and become unresponsive for a bit (up to 30 seconds). During that time, the mouse won't move, and the keyboard only sometimes works. Sometimes the keyboard is fully responsive, sometimes it is laggy and ignores some keypresses, and sometimes it stops responding completely. It is very difficult to type this post.

I turned on my bluetooth mouse, and the pointer is always responsive using that, no matter what the trackpad is doing.

Here's what is typed if I don't slow down and make sure every keypress gets through:
    I'll try rebooting and see if that fixes it. Does anyone know what could cause this, or how to fix it? I haven't changed any hardware, and the only software change today was an Airport update or something like that.

2. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

This happened to me once. I got my machine repaired at the Apple Store. On mine, the problem turned out to be faulty cabling in the internal USB interface, which powers the trackpad, keyboard, isight camera, etc.

3. kronos87 macrumors newbie

Me too

I have an Early '08 (last one before unibody) MBP running snow leopard and I have the same problem. Every few minutes my trackpad will become unresponsive. Sometimes the keyboard will also act up. Fortunately, the bluetooth mouse always works . It is a new problem (last month or so), and I am wondering if it is related to an update. Anyone found a fix for this yet?