Keyboard and Trackpad unresponsive

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mikeydangerous, Dec 25, 2008.

1. mikeydangerous macrumors newbie

I've got a black plastic MacBook running Leopard 10.5.6.

My laptop was running sluggishly, but no real problems, so I restarted it, and now the keyboard and trackpad don't work at all.

I've tried resetting the PRAM and SMC (the keyboard did work in letting me reset the PRAM, but nothing works once it boots to the login screen.)

Any ideas?

2. Jayratch macrumors newbie

Same problem

Any luck resoving this?

I suspect I'm having the same problem. Looks like it boots fine up to login, at which point keyboard, trackpad, and USB are unresponsive. Didn't try Ssh or other remote login. External USB keyboard and Bluetooth mouse don't work.

Hardware seems fine, though, passed initial test on boot- boot volume selection showed keyboard and trackpad working fine, and upon booting to Dvd everything seems fine. Disk repair showed no problems.

I have a time machine backup but feel like this is probably a real simple problem. I'm going to go ahead with the restore, now nervous about which folders I'd excluded.

I'd really like to know what caused this for preventive purposes.

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Insert the restore DVD's that came with your Macbook, reinstall MAC OS X Leopard, (your operating system) and everything should be fixed and you wont loose anything.