Keyboard Autocorrection/Dictionary

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jaded-mandarin, Nov 2, 2011.

1. jaded-mandarin macrumors regular

So I've always used 'xx' on the end of my messages to my girlfriend. 10 minutes ago I did the same, but must have pressed 'cx' by accident and then space. Now whenever I go to put 'xx' it wants to correct it to 'cx'. This becomes annoying because I have to tell it not to (incorrectly) correct it.

So I went into settings and reset my dictionary so it would forget all the custom corrections etc. But when I press 'xx' it still wants to put 'cx'. If I reset my dictionary and then pres 'xx' and it goes to correct it, by dismissing it shouldn't my phone then remember that? Because it isn't.

It's really annoying me now. Can anyone help?

2. Rolvag macrumors regular

Rolvag

The correct way of doing it is start a text, type the word in and when the cross comes up, press it. Do this about five times and it will be removed from the dictionary.

3. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

By dismissing the suggestion, that should eventually teach the phone the "correct" spelling that you're typing in. Maybe it takes more than one dismissal. I'm curious exactly how this works as well.

4. jaded-mandarin thread starter macrumors regular

5. Rolvag macrumors regular

Rolvag

Most likely took that long becuase it was only 2 characters, Now if you were trying to fix the autocorrect on Supercalifragilisticexpalidotios, THAT would only take 5 times!

6. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

I think you spelled that wrong...:D

7. Rolvag macrumors regular

Rolvag