Keyboard backlight bleed?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rezonat0r, Oct 25, 2008.

1. rezonat0r macrumors 6502

Anyone else seeing light from under the keys in normal usage? Seems I have to sit pretty close or sit up high to be at an angle where I don't see the bleeding. The keyboard itself seems fine and pretty even.

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

nature of the beast. without dedicating a separate LED to each individual key and sealing it from behind (which would make it a $2000 computer with a 2 hour battery life), there will be bleed.

3. jumplittlechloe macrumors member

Me too, I gues

If this is what you are talking about, I think it may be normal.

Attached Files:

4. rezonat0r thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, that is exactly what I'm talking about. Looks like yours is cranked up all the way, attached is a pic of mine at the lowest. I'd say we're seeing the same thing.

mcdj: Nice to see another Bill Hicks fan. :)

Attached Files:

5. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

The old MacBook Pro did it, the MacBook Air did/does it, I see no reason why the new MacBook and MacBook Pro wouldn't do it. And as for putting an LED under each key, if you look at the above thumbnail you will see that each key does have an LED underneath. Only the space key has a fainter glow because it is only affected by the light bleed and does not have an LED of its own.

6. jumplittlechloe macrumors member

7. FerdiV macrumors member

8. EricJD macrumors regular

It looks nice in the dark - each key is outlined.

9. delude macrumors 6502

If you didn't have the bleed then it would look horrible, trust me. I am using a Saitek Eclipse II keyboard on my desktop to type now, and it is designed to have the bleed between the buttons so in the dark you can clearly see the size of each key, and the relation between the keys etc. If you have tried a backlit keyboard where there is no bleed then...it's just awful. It's hard to explain but it really doesn't seem comfortable as you just see black with a load of coloured letters and numbers all over the place. You can't judge how big each key is, or where it really is.

10. rezonat0r thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks all. The keyboard is fantastic in any case, IMO.