Keyboard backlight discolour space bar

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jacklikesnike, Nov 28, 2011.

1. jacklikesnike macrumors newbie

Ive just gotten a Macbook Pro 2011 from a friend as a gift, i believe its the early 2011 model which he won at work for a prize. Everything is perfect on it, however on the keyboard backlight, on the space bar at the bottom nearest to the track pad, about 2 thirds of the way towards the right, there seems to be a brown sort of tint in the backlight which spans about half a centimetre. This may be abit OCD, ive had the space bar off to have a look and it seems to be under the surface layer if that makes sense.

Just wondered if any of you guys have this, its really hard to get a picture of this. Ive had the spacebar off to have a look if this is like a stain etc, and it seems to be under the surface layer but obviously is blurry from the top layer of the keyboard back light.

Thanks in advance guys. p.s this is my first mac :)

Attached Files:

2. simsaladimbamba

I can't see anything from the blurry photo, maybe make a more focused one via steading the mobile via resting it on books or some other elevated surface to get a good angle.

Anyway, since the MBP still has warranty, you could bring it to an Apple Store or Apple Authorised Reseller and see, what they think.

And to learn more about Mac OS X:

3. jacklikesnike thread starter macrumors newbie

Here is some better pictures, just to the bottom right of the '3'. Also my top usb seems to have stopped working :S not sure why, the bottom one nearest the trackpad works.

Attached Files:

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Just enjoy your new MacBook. Wait till you get your first scratch or dent. :)

5. jacklikesnike thread starter macrumors newbie

Also, have any of you had any problems with USB ports since updating to LION? my top USB port wasnt working at all just then and ive rebooted and its working ok i think now? The bottom one was fine.

6. randomrazr macrumors 65816