Keyboard backlight is on brightest on Win 7 boot. How to change?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Philflow, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Philflow macrumors 65816

Every time I boot in Windows 7 the keyboard backlight is on brightest. I manually turn it down every time.

Is there any way to make it boot with keyboard backlight off?

Similar question for sound. On boot it's turned off, I like it on.

2. fungus macrumors regular

fungus

Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but XP had this same problem forever and was never fixed. I can't believe Apple has let this fester so long in 7 as well :confused:

3. aeneid macrumors member

I believe there is no way to change this through what they have right now. It doesn't remember your setting for some reason. What I can recommend is maybe trying this: http://www.powerplan7.com/features_macbook.htm
    Personally I haven't used it and I don't find it such a difficulty. I just turn it down later. Doesn't bother me. Good luck.

Cheers

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Just to note that installing Powerplan requires letting Windows install unsigned drivers which could potentially decrease the security of your system.

Caveat emptor.

B

5. aeneid macrumors member

Thanks for the info. Didn't know that the software used unsigned drivers. I have't used it but I know some people who do. I guess nothing you can do unless you like unsigned drivers. Just install like Malewarebytes or AVG Free to be on the safe side if you do choose to use the program, and turn on the windows firewall.

Cheers

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Here's the info:

http://trackpad.powerplan7.com/installation_instructions.htm

Again, it's up to you how important that is, but I just want to make sure you have the info up front.

B