Keyboard Backlight Question?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Raptura, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Raptura macrumors 6502

Raptura

I just received my MacBook Pro Retina from repair today for a logic board replacement and I tested in the store and everything was fine with it. But because it's a brightly lit store, I wasn't able to check the backlight on the keyboard. Once I was at home I noticed the backlight doesn't turn on whatsoever and I called support, did all the necessary resets and to no avail. So I have to bring it back to the Apple Store unfortunately.

I know the sensors work, but the lights simply don't. Could it be that they forgot to plug something in the logic board or is the logic board itself the issue? How does the backlight work (connections on the logic board to keyboard) anyone know?

2. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

They probably dislodged the backlight connector, from what i can recall, its very tiny and is next to the ram slots on the macbook pros, not sure about the retina though. Should be any easy fix. If you got a screw driver and are familiar with opening computers, open it up yourself and check the connections. If you're not comfortable, just take it back. Not worth the risk for a 2K+ laptop.