Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacPC

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
Hi I have a mid 2013 i7 Macbook Air, Yosemite 10.10.1. When I re-open the lid, the keyboard back light won't come back on. I tried reset SMC, reset PRAM, but the symptom still persists, does anyone have this issue?

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
Backlight is working fine on my 2011 MBA with Yosemite.

Have you checked the more obvious things, like the brightness settings for the backlight? Try the F5 and F6 keys, as they control the backlight brightness directly from the keyboard.

Also, there is a setting under Prefs -> Keyboards I think that adjusts the backlight setting in low light. It may have gotten reset when you upgraded to Yosemite.

jdphoto

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2014
Backlight is working fine on my 2011 MBA with Yosemite.

Have you checked the more obvious things, like the brightness settings for the backlight? Try the F5 and F6 keys, as they control the backlight brightness directly from the keyboard.

Also, there is a setting under Prefs -> Keyboards I think that adjusts the backlight setting in low light. It may have gotten reset when you upgraded to Yosemite.

This indeed may be the issue, recently had to fix this problem on our director's Macbook Air and this was the solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.