Keyboard Backlighting Stopped Working

Resist

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
So today I connected my 13" Macbook Pro to my TV for the first time. Now after disconnecting it from the TV the backlighting stopped working. When I pressed the increase brightness button for the keyboard the brightness scale pops up but it has a circle with a line through it, telling me it's not working. I have no idea why this happened or how to fix this.

UPDATE: Apparently it only works in very low light conditions. This is strange because I could of swore I used to be able to adjust the keyboard brightness in this same lighting.

WickedPuddin

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2011
So today I connected my 13" Macbook Pro to my TV for the first time. Now after disconnecting it from the TV the backlighting stopped working. When I pressed the increase brightness button for the keyboard the brightness scale pops up but it has a circle with a line through it, telling me it's not working. I have no idea why this happened or how to fix this.

UPDATE: Apparently it only works in very low light conditions. This is strange because I could of swore I used to be able to adjust the keyboard brightness in this same lighting.
You can fix this by going into system preferences -> Keyboard and uncheck the illuminate only in low light option.

Comment

Resist

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
It already was unchecked. But it seems to check this automatically when in low light conditions.

Maybe I'm just remembered incorrectly how it was before. To many beers I guess.

Comment