Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

coach_ditka

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2019
Illinois, USA
Does anyone have a detachable keyboard/case for iPad Air/Pro 10.5 that they can use well on airplane tray tables? I am upgrading from an Air 2 with a Logitech Block case/keyboard and I usually have to balance they keyboard off the front of the table to have enough room for the kickstand on the back. it works OK, but I think part of that is the bulkiness of the Block case. I don't care about the size/shape/color so much as I would like something than I can use on a plane for typing, but pull the keyboard off for tableting. Considering the Logitech Slim Combo or the ASK + a backing case, but open to anything.

Torty

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2013
Don’t know if it still exist but I have the Logitech keys to go which is small and relatively light.

Comment

coach_ditka

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2019
Illinois, USA
Thank you for the reply. Do you ever suffer from accidental key presses when the Keys To Go is packed away but the iPad is active?

edit: I received the Logitech slim combo for Christmas. The case portion is great. The keyboard seems needlessly thick when closed, but that’s not really a concern, more of an observation. The keyboard doesn’t seem to stay connected very well, I have to pop it off and back on frequently, which is troubling. Love that there is. No battery is great, though. Also love the typing experience. The keyboard has a great feel to it.

Last edited:
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.