Keyboard case for lap

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by adenbeckitt, May 30, 2012.

1. adenbeckitt macrumors member

I've been looking around and many people have different opinions on whether certain keyboard cases are good for lap use.

My mum has recently got an iPad and wants to get a keyboard case for it that she can use on her lap (like a laptop)

Yeah yeah, why not just buy a laptop? She said that she found the iPad did more stuff, easier, faster etc and would use it after work (something she wouldn't do with the laptop)

So back to the original question... Does anyone have any experience with keyboard cases and recommend a good one for lap use?

Cheers,
    A

2. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

I would probably recommend the Logitech keyboard case. Reason being that you can readily remove the iPod from the keyboard for when you just need the iPad. I am currently using the zaggfolio and while it is an excellent piece of hardware, my main gripe is that it is not easy to slide the iPad out of the casing, effectively locking me into "laptop mode". The inconvenient is all the more apparent for if I need to say, whip my iPad out of my bag to quickly check my email air some site.

3. gameboy213 macrumors 6502

gameboy213

I have no issue using the Logitech Ultra Thin on my lap personally. Just my opinion.

4. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

yeah i just bought one last night, and thats my problem too :/ i should researched it online before spending the $80 haha.

the keyboard is nice though, and it looks good when its in its case.

5. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Logitech is absolutely the best I've used

I'm using it right now and it's amazing. Typing on it is just like a small laptop but with the bonus of both together being so very light, cool vs my laptop that gets hot and the screen of the iPad 3, OMG, I can't see ever surfing and researching things on my laptop ever again.

I highly recomend teh Ultra Thin. Contrary to some of the reviews I do not find any problems with the magnets and their ability to hold the cover in place when transporting it.

6. blow45 macrumors 68000

looks nice but why do they only back it in gloss black? The aesthetics on these things are really poor.