Keyboard case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by orangezorki, Oct 13, 2013.

1. orangezorki macrumors 6502a

Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone has found a decent iPhone 5/5s case that has a built in keyboard? I only seem to find very cheap eBay ones, and I doubt that they will last for long.

And... would it then be possible to use the keyboard without the on-screen one covering most of the screen?

2. Sheldonsmith macrumors regular

Sheldonsmith

I use an Apple Wireless Keyboard with my iPhone, and carry the keyboard in a case from SFBags.com

[​IMG]

Dont go for a cheap keyboard... Just get the real thing and carry two items; that is what I have found being better after much experimenting with iPad, external keyboard, etc...

3. Solitude1984 macrumors 6502

Solitude1984

I use the same one as you with my iPhone and iPad and love it.

4. parrot5 macrumors 6502

As for the OP's second question, I seem to remember that the onscreen keyboard doesn't come up when you have a Bluetooth keyboard connected. (I was thinking WTF there is no keyboard and then remembered I had a Bluetooth keyboard connected. )

5. orangezorki thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for that info - really helpful to know that the whole screen will be useful.

As for the other two replies (and thank you for them, it's always nice when someone relies to my dumb questions) - I completely agree that the Apple BT KB is probably the best to use. However, what I'm after is a protective case with a built-in keyboard that slides out from the side. I know that it's passé now, but I still have some nostalgia for my old T-mobile MDA Vario.

David

6. Solitude1984 macrumors 6502

Solitude1984

I was curious so I did a bit of searching myself, but I can't seem to find one that has more good reviews than bad. There's an interesting one that started off as a kickstarter called Spike (https://spikeyourphone.com/shop/) but I don't know anything about it. I don't personally like how it looks but everyone has their own preferences. :)