keyboard clicks as well as text tone preview not working

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Trey1984, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Trey1984 macrumors regular

It just all of a sudden stopped this morning, I went in and turned them off by settings then rebooted and turn it back on and it still not working. Anyone have any ideas for this? And the phones not on silent. Also when i hit the toggle from silent to loud it makes a tapping sound. But my text tones when i receve a message work. Just can't preview. Also when i get a new email it just vibrates and does not alert me.

edit: last night i downloaded siri toggle, have since removed it. As well as the app to where i can have siri awake without pressing any buttons.

2. BuffaloSS macrumors newbie

Same here. Did you determine that the Siri mods were causing it? I've not looked into it further, since I installed MANY different hacks via Cydia...but not many pertained to audio changes.

3. Trey1984 thread starter macrumors regular

I installed them, didn't make a difference. I really don't want to restore since I just got all the apps and the phone setup the way I wanted.

4. entraik macrumors 6502a

this just happened to me earlier today. I installed Hands free control for Siri and the keyboard n lock screen sounds didn't work anymore. I wiped my phone as a result and rejailbroke. : /

5. BuffaloSS, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012

BuffaloSS macrumors newbie

I hear you. I spent all weekend getting mine "right," and that little annoyance isn't going to push me over the brink to restore.

EDIT: However, now knowing that it's not working right is bugging me now. I removed all siri-related hacks and it still isn't working, so not sure if there was something else I activated that is causing the issue.

6. bcking81 macrumors member

it seems that Hands Free Control is the culprit. Remove and power off and your sounds will come back just respringing didnt do it for me. Give it a shot before you restore

7. ThHeartlessHero macrumors member

In the settings for HFC there is an option for Souds/Vibrations that you enable to get those sounds back.

They also mentioned on their site that they are still tweaking because sometimes sounds and vibrations cause the mic to disable.

8. Trey1984 thread starter macrumors regular

i tried that, toggled it off then back of and rebooted, worked for a second then stopped. Guess i'll just have to wait for the bug fix.

9. Extracrisp macrumors newbie

Removing Hands Free Control fixed my sounds

I first noticed that the audio cues in Runkeeper did not work while Pandora and Music apps and ringer did work. Then I realized I had no keyboard clicks. After some Googling, I found this thread and followed bcking81 suggestion: I removed Hands Free Control (v2.1-5) in Cydia, resprung, powered off and powered back on. I'm clicking happily away again as I type this. I just checked Runkeeper and the audio cues are working again. I will email the HFC devs about this.

10. pavelbure macrumors 6502a

They released a update today that supposedly fixes this.
    Seems to be working fine for me.

11. entraik macrumors 6502a

text tones/alert preview aren't working still. keyboard clicks and lock screen unlock are though.