iPad Pro Keyboard coming up in the middle

Discussion in 'iPad' started by anticipate, Nov 21, 2015.

1. anticipate macrumors regular

Has anyone seen this this issue where the software keyboard comes up almost in the middle of the screen? It obscures the areas I am typing into! This happened on IOS 9.1 and 9.2 betas. I can't figure out how to fix art, and reported it to Apple.

Of note - it did not do this out of the box...

2. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

Is it undocked? There is an actual feature to allow the keyboard to "undock" from the bottom of the screen. On iPads besides iPad Pro, it also allows to split the keyboard. On the bottom right of the keyboard is a button to hide th keyboard, but, if you press and hold you get a popup that will allow you to control the dock status of the keyboard as well.

If this isn't the problem, I suggest you post a screenshot of what you're talking about if you hope to get confirmation from others of this issue.

3. anticipate thread starter macrumors regular

Wow I have been using iPad since V1 and I NEVER knew that! Thank you so much!! That was the fix. I must have fat fingered the button at some point. Thanks again.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

This feature didn't exist back in the original iPad. It got added around iOS 5 or 6, I think.

5. RobertDS macrumors newbie

RobertDS

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I too never knew this existed and was just starting to research it. This was my first click. It was driving me crazy!