Keyboard Cover Imprints... Should I?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sukanas, Oct 25, 2008.

1. sukanas macrumors 6502a

sukanas

im thinking of getting a keyboard cover for my GBP
    but a friend of mine has one for his MB (white) and theres imprints left on his lcd .. well his mb is uber dirty so its from all the dust too

the only reason im thinking of getting a cover is cause i dont want the keys to wear out or have the oily 'clear' wearriiness start showing. no i dont eat cheetos and type at the same time but its virtually inevitable to avoid it.
    i know from experience cause im typing on my bluetooth keyboard

2. astudentis macrumors regular

i was at the futureshop the other day... they had a rubber keyboard cover on the macbook air... and the screen had imprints of the keyboard... that looked alot uglier that the "cleary-oily" black keyboard

- y not just keep a cloth on the keyboard, clean up after eveytime you use it... but really how careful can u be... if never use the keyboard on ur laptop... when will u use it? after a few years when it has become slow and u decide to get another laptop?

3. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

I use i iSkin on mine, i just take the iSkin off the keyboard when i shut the lid.

4. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

I just checked out the iskin site and I looked at the MB Air keyboard cover. can I assume this cover would be the same one for my recently purchased 15" MBP since the keyboard looks the same as the MB Air?