Keyboard cover question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kuruptmixer, May 31, 2013.

1. kuruptmixer macrumors member

I have a 15 rmpb and I have a problem with the keyboard often overheating. Sometimes it gets so annoying and bothers my fingers. I ran the APT and nothing was found.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good keyboard cover to block the heat a little bit?

Thanks!

2. simsaladimbamba

It surely does not overheat, but it can become warm, especially since the CPU and GPU are built underneath.

What temperatures are you experiencing doing what tasks?

3. kuruptmixer thread starter macrumors member

4. simsaladimbamba

5. kuruptmixer thread starter macrumors member

I don't have a thermometer to use. But they are hot to the touch

6. simsaladimbamba

That is really strange, since the temps you reported via screenshot are not translated to the keys itself (since there is a heatsink in between, some air, some layer made out of plastic and the keys made out of plastic, which should get you to 30° C surface temperature).

Even when my 2009 MBP had CPU temps of around 100° C during CPU intensive tasks, the aluminium above the keyboard was hot, never too hot though, and they keys were NEVER too hot to touch.

Either something is really wrong with your computer, your temp sensors in the computer or your own temperature sensors in your fingers.

There should not be a need to prevent yourself from being burned or being prevent from touching the keys with the temperatures you reported, even when the CPU is at full load.