Keyboard Cover

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xosabres26xo, May 11, 2011.

1. xosabres26xo macrumors newbie

I am sure this question has been asked a few too many times; however, I need help. I have been researching different keyboard covers and cannot decide on which one to get. I have a 13 inch Macbook Pro I purchased last August. I have a pink hardshell case for it and was looking to get a pink keyboard cover but at this point I would just like one that would really work well. I would appreciate any help. Thank you!

2. palpatine macrumors 68040

I've always hated keyboard covers, and can't see why anyone would want to modify their computer this way, but here is a link to a pink one. Why do you want the cover?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1RXA20WD1ZYGRVNKXKMC

3. xosabres26xo thread starter macrumors newbie

I want to protect my keyboard from spills and dust and the such. My husband uses my laptop sometimes and he isn't the most careful person. Plus, I figure if I am going to spend as much as I did for a computer I should do my best to make sure it lasts a while. Thank you for the link!

4. Dr. Rosenpenis macrumors newbie

5. palpatine macrumors 68040

Thanks. I'd be interested to hear if other people are using these keyboard covers. It seems like a shame to cover up the beautiful keyboard, but I can see why someone would do it.

6. Wafflausages macrumors 6502

i put one on mine so that beautiful keyboard doesn't become all shiny and greasy well thats my reason :D

7. zwodubber macrumors 6502a

8. xosabres26xo, May 12, 2011
    Last edited: May 12, 2011

xosabres26xo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for this! I had not seen this one yet. How long have you had it? Have you had any issues? I few of the other covers I was looking at some people said the letters were wearing off or they didn't fit completely right. Also, can you still see the backlight from the keys?

9. Throwback macrumors newbie

Check Amazon.com they have hundreds. I got my red one for $0.69 and a black one for $2.99. There are cheaper ones. My friend got one for 10-15$ and my red one is the same quality as his ,if not better. I usually recommend them to most people, I probably should start selling them :)

10. tcador macrumors regular

I won't own another laptop without buying a clear plastic keyboard cover. I can barely see it and while it does feel slightly different than not being there it's fairly easy to get used to. My hands are way too greasy and would turn the keys to shiny little squares in a short amount of time.

11. xosabres26xo thread starter macrumors newbie

You should start selling them lol You would have to make sure you had pink though. lol :p

BTWI bought the newertech one and received it today and so far I must say I am an extremely happy customer. It looks great and I am having no difficulty typing. Thank you all for your help! :)

12. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

I just received mines today. Figured I'd go with white to somewhat match my theme:
    [​IMG]