keyboard cover

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by zenja, May 25, 2009.

1. zenja macrumors newbie

Do you use a keyboard cover? I'm waiting for my macbook alu to be delivered and I was thinking about a keyboard cover. I would not always use it. Just when there is a drink on my desk or when I'm watching a movie in the train while eating a sandwiche.
    Cheers.

2. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

I had one on my black macbook because the keys were always getting so nasty. When I switched to my 17" MBP I did away with the keyboard cover. Now that my work has purchased me a 15" MBP unibody, I will probably go back to it. I really liked the one that I had. There are so many out there but the one that I liked the best was from KBCovers.com. They're thinner and better fitting than the iSkin products, and they are available in multiple applications formats like Photoshop and Final Cut, as well as standard keyboard layouts.

3. zenja thread starter macrumors newbie

I was thinking of buying one on ebay uk for really cheap... I don't know about the quality of the product...

4. Kyeris macrumors 6502

I ordered my UMB a few days ago, as well as a few accessories (gotta love ordering it on a holiday weekend... shipping is useless). I looked around for the best keyboard protector I could find, and I ended up coming upon the Moshi Clearguard Keyboard Protector. It works for the UMB, UMBP, and wireless keyboards.

Heres a review I found, after it I decided to get it:
    http://xenohawk.wordpress.com/2009/01/27/moshi-clearguard-review/

I was planning on using it for the purposes you said in your post, maybe even more if I like it.

It runs for $24.95 on the apple store, and all around the prices are around the same, so it isn't necessarily cheap but I figured it was worth it if I ended up spilling anything.

http://store.apple.com/us-hed/product/TV901LL/A?mco=NDkxMTQyMQ