Keyboard cover

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by stevent, Jul 16, 2010.

1. stevent macrumors newbie

Do you use a keyboard cover on your Macbook? I tried typing on my friend's Macbook w/ a keyboard cover and didn't like the feel of it. I also read about heat issues w/ these keyboard covers.

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

It's definitely personal preference. I used to have one, but I could never get used to the feel of it.

3. ayee007 macrumors member

love having it. just takes getting used to...when u look at the dust and crap that accumulates on it, makes you wonder how much of it is stuck under the keys

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

There are some pretty bad ones out there that I couldn't get used to but the moshi clearguard feels natural. You still have to get used to it but when compared to others, it's not that bad.

This was my main concern not the oil marks on the keys.

5. sweet888 macrumors newbie

May be what u tried was conventional 0.5mm cover. There is thinner version five time thinner 0.1mm cover offer better typing comfortability.

See the review:
    http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2795903&page=2

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Meh, whats the purpose of having a cover on the keys? Naked keyboard FTW.

7. TrojanX macrumors member

TrojanX

I have a new MBP 13" and am looking into purchasing one but, I have heard that it can put marks on you glass screen when you close it? Is this true??

8. sweet888 macrumors newbie

If u have sweaty palm more or less there'll be mark. But very easy to clean compare to the dust below your keypad. And the risk of water going into the body.

9. TrojanX macrumors member

TrojanX

Yeah, I used to have a flip phone that the keys impressed on the screen and left permanent marks. Now I am a bit nervous about that happening to my BEAUTIFUL new computer!

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

11. djlutzker macrumors member

I use moshi clearguard for my macbook pro. Its very thin and it feels nice. I also have all the mb with invisible shield. I have an obsession for protecting my gadgets.

12. molala macrumors 6502a

I use the Moshi Clearguard too. I've had it since January and like it a lot.

It is very thin and doesn't leave marks on my screen except when it gets a little greasy, a naked keyboard would leave marks too under the same conditions.

I clean it every few weeks to 1 month.