Keyboard covers for specific programs

creator2456

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago
Hi all...

So I saw this site (http://www.kbcovers.com/servlet/Categories?category=MacBook+Pro) that sells keyboard covers with program-specific color-coded keys on them. Very cool :)

Just curious if anyone has seen any for Garageband? Or Logic Express? I have a MacBook Pro and an Apple Wireless keyboard (the thick, white one, not the new wafer-thin ones).

Thanks! :)
I haven't seen ones for those apps, or for the BT Apple Keyboard (old one or new). I have been thinking about getting one of these, but it would only be used while I am not at home, so the $30 price is a bit much.

Cromulent

macrumors 603
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
Hi all...

So I saw this site (http://www.kbcovers.com/servlet/Categories?category=MacBook+Pro) that sells keyboard covers with program-specific color-coded keys on them. Very cool :)

Just curious if anyone has seen any for Garageband? Or Logic Express? I have a MacBook Pro and an Apple Wireless keyboard (the thick, white one, not the new wafer-thin ones).

Thanks! :)
Apple do ones for Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro. I guess the thinking is that there are not that many key combinations in Garageband and iMovie compared to the full pro application so there is no need for a specific one.

EmptyG

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2007
Apple do ones for Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro. I guess the thinking is that there are not that many key combinations in Garageband and iMovie compared to the full pro application so there is no need for a specific one.
Does Apple themselves make those? Do you have a link? :)

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
IIRC, the ones on the Apple site are the actual keyboards, with screen printed icons right on the keys. Is this what the OP wants?

I like those rubber covers. I'm tempted to get the FCP one :)

/me hasn't seen any keyboard covers like that for Garageband etc. I've seen a few stick on things, but that's about it.

EmptyG

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2007
IIRC, the ones on the Apple site are the actual keyboards, with screen printed icons right on the keys. Is this what the OP wants?

I like those rubber covers. I'm tempted to get the FCP one :)

/me hasn't seen any keyboard covers like that for Garageband etc. I've seen a few stick on things, but that's about it.
Correct. I am looking for overlays for my current keyboards (MBP and an Apple Wireless, previous white version).

Yeah I have seen a few "sticker" sets, but I don't want anything permanent. I'd prefer something I can remove when I need to (like the KB covers).