Keyboard covers for specific programs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by EmptyG, Aug 11, 2007.

1. EmptyG macrumors regular

Hi all...

So I saw this site (http://www.kbcovers.com/servlet/Categories?category=MacBook+Pro) that sells keyboard covers with program-specific color-coded keys on them. Very cool :)

Just curious if anyone has seen any for Garageband? Or Logic Express? I have a MacBook Pro and an Apple Wireless keyboard (the thick, white one, not the new wafer-thin ones).

Thanks! :)

2. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

I haven't seen ones for those apps, or for the BT Apple Keyboard (old one or new). I have been thinking about getting one of these, but it would only be used while I am not at home, so the $30 price is a bit much.

3. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Apple do ones for Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro. I guess the thinking is that there are not that many key combinations in Garageband and iMovie compared to the full pro application so there is no need for a specific one.

4. EmptyG thread starter macrumors regular

Does Apple themselves make those? Do you have a link? :)

5. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Just go to the Apple store website.

6. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

IIRC, the ones on the Apple site are the actual keyboards, with screen printed icons right on the keys. Is this what the OP wants?

I like those rubber covers. I'm tempted to get the FCP one :)

/me hasn't seen any keyboard covers like that for Garageband etc. I've seen a few stick on things, but that's about it.

7. EmptyG thread starter macrumors regular

Correct. I am looking for overlays for my current keyboards (MBP and an Apple Wireless, previous white version).

Yeah I have seen a few "sticker" sets, but I don't want anything permanent. I'd prefer something I can remove when I need to (like the KB covers).